Tuesday 17 January 2012

Keeping up with the watering...

Wowsers - a really hot 8 or 10 days up here with temps above 30 each day for the foreseeable future. Not sure I signed on for such extremes - I lived in Swan Hill for 17 years and thought I know what to expect, but it is soo windy here, so drying...

But most plants are thriving as long as I keep the water up to them.  I am  delighted with a clump of very pretty and dainty Agapanthus that are flowering right now - they have deeper blue flowers and are more pendant than the rows and rows of blue ones that flank the drive. Still very hardy and never seem to require any supplementary water either!!





Otherwise, I am waiting with much anticipation to sample the first ears of sweetcorn. The plants tower over me now and there are at least 3 cobs sticking out from each plant. Naturally, we are still picking tomatoes, beans and delish cucumbers, as well as a few too many zucchinis - help!

The pots of herbs are thriving too - it is lovely not to have to run right up to the herb garden each time I want mint, basil, parsley, thyme etc. Here is a  pic of one mixed planter - it sits out in full sun all day long and is loving it. Crazy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment